- We designed the Airmate-USB to fulfill the requirements for a high grade low cost radio production mixer.
- Built around well proven low noise circuitry, this console is the reliable workhorse for the self-op production D.J. that needs an internal Telephone Hybrid (2x) and USB connection to the PC (e.q. for streaming to the web).
- A heavy duty 19" rack mounted RF shielded chassis houses 8 vertical triple input modules giving flexibility rarely found in a mixer of this type.
- Six input channels with high quality balanced microphone inputs on XLR and two stereo line level inputs on Cinch (RCA) connectors.
- Every Mic input has an insert for signal processors.
- And every line level line B input can be converted into a phono (record player) channel by simply fitting an optional stereo R.I.A.A. equalized phono pre-amp.
Built in Telephone Hybrids
- This new Airmate-USB model has 6 balanced mic inputs (+48 phantom is standard) with insert, 12 stereo line inputs, 2x USB and 2x Telephone Hybrids.
- Channel 5 and 6 have Mic/Line and USB interface to transfer audio from and to your PC.
- Channel 7 and 8 have, apart from the stereo line input, also RJ-11 connectors to interface with a POT (Plain Old Telephone) line and a Telephone appliance to dial the number you want to reach.
- High quality built in Hybrids with R (trimmer on the surface) and C balance (switch on the surface) and direct Connection and Talkback buttons in the Hybrid channels makes a conversation with listeners very easy.
- With the Telco Send (level to the caller) and Telco Gain (level coming from the caller) all levels can be easy adjusted.
- But be always aware of the fact that the RC balance has to be adjusted once to create a clean telephone signal send and receive. The manual will give info about this pretty simple procedure.
- The front panel ON switch is wired in series with the built in mechanical fader start enabling selection of start either by fader or hard start via the ON switch. Fader start generates in the Mic mode a Mic-on signaling to switch on ON-Air lights. There is a 3 band Equalizer on channel 1-6. The stereo Aux send can be set pre or post fader. All mic inputs have low cut jumpers.
- A clean feed send is available for external analog and digital Hybrids.
Built in VoIP or Telco channels
- We now have dedicated VoIP channels available for the AIRMATE-USB, or a combination of one TELCO module and one VoIP module. If you still want to use a classic analogue or digital Hybrid we have designed a cleanfeed output on pin 1-4 of the RJ11 connector. You can return the Hybrid signal on the line input of the VoIp module.
- Please tell your dealer the combination you want.
VoIP | ISDN | GSM
- If you would like to call with VOIP we can supply a pcb with all the VoIp options on it that replaces the existing Telco module(s) for landlines.
You can do that for one or both Telco modules, whatever your choice is.
- If you do not want a permanent VoIP solution you can use the CISCO SPA112 as an interface between our 2 Telephone modules and the Internet. And in case you have an ISDN connection in your situation, we advice to use the Fritz Box type 7390 to convert the ISDN into an analog line that can be connected directly to the Telco modules of the Airmate-usb mixer. If you want to connect the Airmate-USB to the GSM network just buy from a third party this Musitel unit connect it to the Phone RJ11 socket and you're set.
Now is the time to install your own production room
- The Airmate-USB has the usual master controls such as stereo master faders, stereo Aux send and return, monitor master with "follow phones" and a phones output with a split control function. There is a balance control to continuously adjust the volume between main output and stereo Cue signal.
- In addition, there is a special Radio On-air/production section featuring; Selfop switching to automatically cut control room level when the D.J. mic is active; a Clean feed output to also drive an external Telephone Hybrid for talk shows and interviews, if you need more Hybrid channels than the 2 built in ones; a special announcer output that normally follows main output but can be switched so that the main output, or any cue signal that is selected, can be heard when in the "follow phones" mode.
- A large Talkback switch activates the built-in electret talkback microphone for easy communication with the Clean-feed output, Aux output and/or Announcer output.
The focal point in a production studio
- The Airmate-USB is designed to be the focal point for local radio production work in the studio or at home. It’s comprehensive, yet understandable features make it the ideal companion for rapid on-the-spot radio programs.
- Small, reliable and 19" rack mounting ideal for production rooms.
- It can also double as an On-Air mixer or implemented in your own Internet Radio station.
- If your budget is tight, it never becomes obsolete as it can revert to production use, if, at a later date you fit in a larger On-Air mixer.
Found a lower price? Complete this simple form:
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or need more information about this product using the form below.